It’s National Social Media Safety and Awareness Month. [Tweet this.] Actually, there is no such thing;
yet with so many awareness campaigns for other very important issues, I think it’s about time we include important emerging trends that can be both good and evil at the same time. If nobody else is going to run with this, I’ll stick my neck out. So…
“In honor of [Pseudo] Social Media Safety and Awareness month, by no powers vested in me, I, do hereby proclaim May, as Social Media Safety and Awareness month. I call upon all Humans to observe these events with appropriate updates, blogposts, trainings, ceremonies, and other activities in order to bring awareness to this emerging need. I also call on all educators, bloggers, news outlets, and appropriate officials of all units of social media and online press, to ensure that the updates on social media contain information on social media safety and awareness during this month.” Lee Kolbert ~ May, 2013
If you believe in, and plan to adhere to this unofficial “edict,” please follow the directions below and be sure to link back to this original post.
- Create an update or blog post and include the text from this post. Be sure to link back to this original post.
- Share one or more ways users of social media can gain awareness of the benefits of effective use, as well as the unfortunate consequences of haphazardly posting inappropriate content.
- Name a few other bloggers or online friends who might be interested in this campaign and implore them to contribute.
- Promote your campaign on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Reddit, G+, and all other areas where you maintain an online presence.
- Come back here and leave a comment with a link to your post.